- Brand: Sony
- Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
- Country: Japan (Tokyo)
- Release year: 2001
- Starting price:
The Sony cameras of the Mavica series are part of the first digital cameras marketed by this brand. p>
This model achieved great popularity, especially in North America due to the ease of storing photographs on a floppy disk of 3.5 inches, in a format readable by a personal computer. p>
The Mavica series was launched by Sony in August 1981, being the first electronic camera in history, which was not properly a digital camera since its sensor produced an analog signal, in NTSC format that was sent to a television. However, she became the pioneer of digital cameras. P>
The camera presented here corresponds to a later model of the Mavica series (the MVC-FD87) launched on the market in 2001. p>
- Storage: Floppy disk - Floppy disk 3.5-inch floppy disk (or Sony Memory Stick with optional adapter)
- Lens: Sony 3x, f6.1-18.3mm (equivalent 39-117mm on a 35mm camera)
- Diaphragm openings: f / 2.8 - f / 2.9.
- Focus: Autofocus control, plus five fixed focus settings.
- Exposure: Automatic exposure control.
- Image formats: JPEG or GIF
- Image resolution: 1.3 megapixels (1,290x960 px)
- Body material: Plastic
- Weight: 630 grams